In 2018, the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) awarded a joint water use permit to the West Villages Improvement District and The Ranch Land Operations, an affiliate of the master developer. The permit covers all the lands within the district, except for IslandWalk, which was separately permitted.
In accordance with the water use permit, the WVID and The Ranch Land Operations are required to implement a SWFWMD-approved water conservation plan. This plan requires the WVID to supply irrigation water based on the SWFWMD’s AGMOD model and ensure compliance. It also calls on customers, such as homeowners associations, to create and implement their own water conservation plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Irrigation Water Resources
- Rate Study
- Gran Paradiso Irrigation Documents
- Letter to GP POA on Irrigation Questions (PDF) (RTF)
- Letter to GP POA on Revised Irrigation AGMOD Allocation (PDF) (RTF)
- Transmittal Letter to GPHOA on Revised Irrigation AGMOD Allocations (PDF) (RTF)
- Transmittal Letter to GPHOA on Submission of Water Conservation Plan (PDF) (RTF)
- Response Letter to GPHOA on Irrigation Matters (September 2022) , Letter 8.15.2022, 549308 – Irrigation Rate Study (2018) (PDF) (RTF)
- Response Letter to GPHOA on Irrigation Matters (October 2022) (PDF) (RTF)
- 549308 – September 13, 2018 Public Hearing Presentation on Rate Study (PPTX)
- Gran Paradiso HOA Irrigation Presentation (PPTX)
- WVID Resident Letter on Suspension of Irrigation Service (PDF) (RTF)